Wednesday, April 20, 2016

1 Poem by Karen O'Leary

Weathering the White 

My muse travels on,
leaving me in an achromatic
abyss of nothingness.
I stare at the white sheet
willing words to spill
across the blank page.
Even my favorite pearl pen
can�t carry me across
the great snowy divide.
Settling into my favorite
ivory chair, I close my eyes.
��.The light dawns!
I grab that white paper.
Verse flows from my heart,
honest and uncolored,
as if carried on white wings.
My muse has returned! 


Bionote

Karen O�Leary is a writer and editor from West Fargo, ND. She has published poetry, short stories, and articles in a variety of venues including, Frogpond, A Hundred Gourds, Haiku Pix, Sharpening the Green Pencil 2014, Now This: Contemporary Poems of Beginnings, Renewals and Firsts, Creative Inspirations, and Poems of the World. She currently edits an online poetry journal called Whispers, http://whispersinthewind333. blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment