Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy Birthday

Do you want to know why I fired my Secretary!?   OK!!!
Last week was my birthday
and I didn�t feel very well
waking up on that morning.
I went downstairs for breakfast
hoping my wife would be pleasant and say,
�Happy Birthday!�,
and possibly have a small present for me.
As it turned out,
she barely said good morning,
let alone � Happy Birthday.�
I thought� Well, that� s marriage for you,
but the kids�They will remember.
My kids came bounding down stairs to breakfast
and didn�t say a word.
So when I left for the office,
I felt pretty low and somewhat despondent.
As I walked into my office,
my secretary Jane said,
�Good Morning Boss,
and by the way Happy Birthday ! �
It felt a little better
that at least someone had remembered.
I worked until one o�clock ,
when Jane knocked on my door and said, �You know,
It�s such a beautiful day outside,
and it is your Birthday,
what do you say we go out to lunch,
just you and me.�
I said, �Thanks, Jane,
that�s the greatest thing
I�ve heard all day.
Let�s go !�
We went to lunch.
But we didn�t go
where we normally would go.
She chose instead at a quiet bistro
with a private table.
We had two martinis each
and I enjoyed the meal tremendously.
On the way back to the office,
Jane said, �You know,
It�s such a beautiful day�
We don�t need to go straight back to the office,
Do We ?�
I responded, �I guess not.
What do you have in mind ?�
She said, �Let�s drop by my apartment,
it�s just around the corner.�
After arriving at her apartment,
Jane turned to me and said,� Bo ss, if you don�t mind,
I�m going to step into the bedroom
for just a moment.
I�ll be right back.�
�OK.� I nervously replied.

She went into the bedroom and,
after a couple of minutes, she came out
carrying a huge birthday cake �
Followed by my wife, my kids,
and dozens of my friends
and co-workers, all singing �Happy Birthday�.
And I just sat there���
On the couch����.
Naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment