Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sorry About Your Smoke Detector


Danny, There was a little �incident� at your house today while you were gone. Please allow me to explain:
I was watching T.V. and I heard this beeping going off in the kitchen. The first thing I thought of was the smoke detector going off so I ran into the kitchen and checked everything out. By the time I got to the kitchen, the beeping had stopped and I couldn't smell any smoke.
I went back to watching my movie and I kept hearing a beep every minute. I knew that the type of smoke detector that you have is the type that took a few minutes to reset itself.
I kept watching my movie , and about 10 minutes later I was really getting pissed off that the beeping continued. I paused the movie, ran out to the kitchen, unhooked the detector, and went back to the movie.
The beeping continued.
Having a college degree in electronics, I knew that the capacitors could hold a charge after the batteries were removed. About 20 minutes later, I was really getting pissed because I could still hear the beeping. And I got so mad, I went out and grabbed a pair of wire cutters and cut the speaker off the smoke detector and left it sitting on the counter.
I sat back down and heard �beep.�
Now I was fuming. I listened to that �beep� about three more times, then I finally got a hammer and pounded the ever-loving shit out of your smoke detector on the counter (while I was pounding I heard �beep�). It was really getting me mad.
I sat back down and resumed the movie and sure enough �beep.�
I had the wire cutters in my hand and I went out (curious to see what the hell could still be running it) and cut all the little parts into pieces, and put half into a little plastic container and left half on the counter. I took half the parts over to the living room thinking if it beeps I know it's these, and half the parts I left on the counter knowing it would be them.
In moments I heard the parts in the kitchen beep.
So I took them into the living room and spread them on the table, staring at them, saying to myself �the part that beeps will get smashed.� Not three seconds later, the parts I just had, now on the counter in the kitchen, beeped. I was furious. I thought to myself, (his smoke detector is possessed).
I brought all the parts into the living room and laid them out on the coffee table. I was staring at them, just waiting for one of them to beep so I could smash the shit out of it.
All of a sudden, I hear �beep�, but it was coming from the kitchen!
I walked out there, all freaked out. I just waited...and waited...it seemed like hours but was only 30 seconds later, I heard the mystifying �beep� coming from your jacket. I looked in the jacket and it was your beeper that you had left at home by accident.
All I could do was take my hammer and beat the ever-loving shit out of your beeper because I was the one who paged you.

No comments:

Post a Comment